To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Alone

My newest song. It's kind of sad... but I have a half-excuse. Actually, most of the lyrics are from a poem a friend of mine wrote. The first verse and the chorus. It was weird, cause immediately after I read the poem... actually even while I was reading it for the first time, this tune popped into my head that fit the poem perfectly, so, I wrote this song. I actually like the music on this one. I think its up there with rain music wise. Here are the lyrics.

Verse 1:

I looked in her eyes
And saw fears
I looked in her heart
And saw tears
I heard her words
And felt the pain
I heard her cries
And saw the stain

Chorus:

There she stood alone
No one on her side
No one was her friend
So alone she died
No one held her up
No one found her name
When she cried for help
No one came


Verse 2:

Alone in the world
She stood on sand
Among waves of grief
Searching for land
She struggled
every day of life
Fought the urge
to end it with a knife

Chorus

Verse 3:

On she stood through the
Stormy waves
Bonded to destiny
Like a slave
And Finally
The waves of strife
Relieved her
Of her broken life

Chorus


And the link to youtube...

(coming soon)

3 comments:

Ptáček said...

Yeh know. I acctually like the lyrics to that one. It's a 'true to life' song.

Santeyio said...

er... aren't all my songs true to life?

Ptáček said...

Nope. I don't think so. They're painted overish. I don't really like them.

But I like this one a lot.