To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Monday, July 16, 2007

Sacrifice

My newest song... and as usual, please excuse my bad singing voice. At least I think my range is improving a little tiny bit, which is good. This song, at least in my opinion, has the best lyrics out of the bunch. But unfortuneatly, I can't say the same for the music. Rain is still probably my favorite in terms of music.

Here are the lyrics for this one. It took me so long to write this song. I struggled and struggled but I couldn't come up with any music or lyrics. But finally, I got mad at a certain circumstance. In a sudden spur of the moment, tried to do what I thought God would want me to do... which actually made me feel pretty good (I wonder why...). But then I suddenly wrote pretty much the entire song in one short sitting. Amazing what inspiration (or emotion) can do to one. Anyways. The lyrics.

Verse 1:


And here we are,
Stumbling in the lions den
Reveling in our pits of sin
Will we ever get out again

The Dark is close
Closing in around us now
Blotting out the light and good
We'd fight back if only help it would

Chorus:


You cleansed me
Of my sin
Died for me
You took it all away
Loved me
Cared for me
Cherished me
Though I stabbed you in the heart you loved

Verse 2:


The end is near
Everyone will soon be judged
On my cheek blows the cold breath
Of pain suffering and eternal death

The lies and deeds
Done in dark places unseen
Will soon be brought to light
Opened up shown off for public sight

Chorus:

You cleansed me
Of my sin
Died for me
You took it all away
Loved me
Cared for me
Cherished me
Though I stabbed you in the heart you loved

Bridge:

I am ugly but you loved me
I am wicked but you cared
I was scarred and so you healed me
Tried to mend my broken ways
I lashed out and tried to hurt you
You stood up and hugged me close

Verse 3


Now you Oh God
Are my light my strength my hope
In darkness no more I'll grope
Cause you sacrificed yourself for me
(repeat)

Chorus



as usual, here's the link to the youtube video if you want...

Sacrifice


1 comment:

April Yee said...

CALEB.

Oh my goodness...your song...WOW. Okay so God has totally, totally gifted you. Your song is...maaaaaaan. CALEB! It's totally like where I feel like I'm at right now. THANK YOU for sharing this song. Really. Duuude. So basically God is the best...