To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Eragon

Well, I got Eragon from our library last Saturday, and I think I'm going to finish it off tonight. I must say, it was better than I expected, but of course it doesn't compare with Lord of the Rings (Which, incedentally, Paolini draws heavily off of). I haven't seen the movie yet, which is good, because I like to read books before I see movies based off of them, because in 99 out of 100 times, the book is better than the movie.

The reason I got the book in the first place, was because of the author. He was fifteen when he began the first book, and it took him a year to finish the first draft. That's just my age, so I am intrigued reading the work of a kid my age. He's in his early twenties now, but it's still cool reading a published book written by a fifteen year old. This is very interesting, but he was homeschooled. Also, he liked classical music, and listened to it while writing Eragon. But get this, Stephen King (I hope you know who that is) listens to hard rock while he writes. Very interesting.

Now, of course, I've been working on a new story for a couple of weeks. I don't really want to say anything about the plot right now. But, I've gotten over 15,000 words now. My goal is somewhere around 100,000 words, so I'm slowly getting there. Also, I decided to throw myself a little party when I finish; go get a bunch of junk food and soda, and stay up all night, and read my book when I finish the first draft.

If you're wondering, I listen to Skillet when I write. I wonder what that says about my writing. I guess I must be somewhere inbetween Eragon's simple characters, black and white morals, uplifting air, and Stephen Kings dark, horror stories.

6 comments:

Ptáček said...

Interesting...I listen to country (Carrie Underwood, The Wreckers, Tim Mcgraw) when I write. I wonder what that shows/reflects...?

:D

Santeyio said...

your writing in probably really depressing.

Amanda said...

*loves country music*!!!!!!!!!!

Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) said...

Okay
1.You said the reason you weren't going to read the book was because the guy was 15!Slighly contradicting.
2.Yes,the book is so so so much better than the move.Holy cow why did they have to ruin it by making that hideous thing.
3.Music...well every one has their preferences.But I like almost all music (Christian,Rock,Punk, Metal,Punk-Rock,Emo,and Alternative)I do not like country and I do not like classical.

So anyway I think it's good you listen to Skillet(for a second I thought you were going to be one of those classical geeks but not if I canhelp it.lol. :).And fyi Stephen King is a very very good writter.

Strange Happenings said...

i listen to classical when I write rock music is to distracting i find my self jumping up and down and playing airguitar adn stuff

Santeyio said...

WAIT a MINUTE. How do you know Stephen King is a good writer if you haven't read any of his books?!