To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Me and Dancing

I'm sure when you read the title, you said to yourself, 'Oh dear, now he's gonna crack on dancing and how stupid it is and how he hates it and blah blah blah.'

Well, you're right, it is quite pointless. Actually... Wait, no, I take that back. It's good exercise. But otherwise it's pointless. Although I must say, most of us could do with a bit of exercise.

But all that is beside the point. Today, or rather tonight, I went to a Ceili (It's pronounced Kaley, like Haley with a 'K' sound. Don't ask about the spelling, it's Irish). It's an Irish dance sorta thing. There was food, which of course I love. I mean come on, what 15 year old boy doesn't like food? Cookies, chips, soda, all that good stuff.

The reason I went, is because my sister takes Irish step dancing, and her school holds a Kaley. She's actually quite accomplished and talented in that area. Anyways, the point is to dance. So, I danced with my sister. They taught some simple steps, and then we danced to traditional Irish music. I never thought anyone would here me say this, but I actually, very surprisingly, enjoyed myself. Yes, I enjoyed dancing. Wow.
(if you haven't caught it yet, this would be the point at which you faint)

I was one of the only boys there. There were plenty of fathers and grandfathers, but I was one of the few young boys. I wonder why.

You may not know this, but I enjoy dressing up in a suit and tie, and jump at every chance I get. So, I wore a nice dark pin-stripe suit, with a blue shirt and a green and black tie, which I like. I looked pretty good, if I may say so myself, and I'm still wearing the former mentioned clothes as I type.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheesh I swear you have no hormones!:)

Ptáček said...

ROTFWL

*gasp wheeze giggle*

Oh my word, was that eva funneh.
I didn't take the hint to faint, because I knew you would enoy yourself, if you just tried it.

Thanks for posting about it!

*goes off into histarical laughter*

--Havie

Ptáček said...

*enjoy

Santeyio said...

You're welcome I'm sure...