To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Friday, March 23, 2007

A Request

It was requested that I put a little of my story-under-progress on here. So, here is a little scene I enjoyed writing.

* * * * *

Ellen hit the loudspeakers button. “Harlington, where the hell are you? We've got three UN gunships bearing down on us. Looks like they're also deploying boarding pods.”
The doors behind her opened and a short, fat little man soared through the air, landing perfectly in the seat next to Ellen. “Yes sir. Fuel engines have been engaged. Power generators have been engaged.” He flipped a few buttons and switches deftly as he spoke. “Sir, are you going to buckle up?” he said after glancing at Ellen.
Casting an annoyed glance to her left, Ellen said, “I was just getting to that.”
“Where are we going?”
“Earth's moon.”
“Port Royal?” said Harlington, rolling the r in royal.
“Yeah.”
The little man gazed out of the window as Ellen hurriedly buckled herself up. He stroked his jet-black mustache and squinted warily at the fleet in front of them. Zilch Harlington, Ellen's co-pilot squinted warily out the window.
“It looks like we are in for quite a ride Captain. Any ideas as to why they are after us?”
As the two waited for the different systems to heat up so they could start moving, Ellen clenched and unclenched her right hand nervously.
“You know,” said Harlington in a matter-of-fact tone of voice, “I think two pieces of toast with raspberry and lemon jam right now would be just delicious.”
When she looked over at him incredulously, he frowned. “Is something wrong sir?”
He never seemed to lose it, and even in the direst of situations he could always find something amusing to say. She shook her head and said, “Nothing.”
An alarm went off. Annoyed, Ellen looked around the control board.

5 comments:

Ptáček said...

Thanks.

Like I said, Ellen had an ammusing character...wait did I day that?

Ptáček said...

*say

Sam said...

hehe, actually, I thought Zilch Harlington was the one with the amusing character, but I guess that's just me.

lol

Santeyio said...

oops, that was me, Caleb. My brother was signed in, so I accidentally used his name.

Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) said...

you know what I've decided?Well you probably don't want to but I will tell you anyway.Your blogger is boring.Not the posts or anything but the actual blogger.You have nothing interesting like music or pictures or anything.Anyways thats just what I think although I will say your post are pretty interesting.Oh yeah and good story btw.