To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Monday, April 30, 2007

An Untitled Song

During my trip to Chicago (the one for the internet marketing seminar) I wrote a song. I wrote some piano music to go with it too, although that part isn't quite finished. I thought it turned out decent, see what you think. As a sidenote, if you haven't guessed, it sounds better when put to music.


Are we lost, after all,
To what depths can we fall?
If we fight, can we win,
How much trouble are we in?
Is this fight worth the hell
That it takes climbing up this knell
All this trouble all this pain
We go through

Are we up against a wall?
Can we make it if we crawl?
Is it worth the pain and sweat
These lives we lead full of regret

(little piano solo thing)

Through the pain and the fear
Though the end isn't near,
I will slog through all this mud,
I will sacrifice my blood,
For the Lord who made us all,
He has given me a higher call.
And to that calling I shall make,
For him a legacy great.
For the Lord, who made us all,
To me has given a higher call

No comments: