To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Dark Side of Homeschoolers

I write dark poetry and stories. Death, destruction, suicide, evil, decay... these are the things that are portrayed in my writings. Now I thought that was rather dark. But, as I have gathered from multiple sources, this is actually a common phenomena among homeschooled teens. So basically, all of us homeschooled teens write really dark stuff. Isn't that fascinating? You would think we would write happy fluffy stuff about God and Jesus or something.

Now, I have discussed this, and have come up with a hypothesis on the causes of this phenomena. Alright. So all of us homeschoolers are nice, amiable, loving people (Well, at least most of the time. OK, fine, SOME of the time. Well, maybe not me personally but...). Now everyone gets angry sometimes. We all have dark thoughts. We all think about death and destruction. Now homeschoolers, because of the society they live in, and their own personal beliefs, have a tendency to suppress these feelings. Of course, we can't make them just disappear, so we just channel them into this specific area.

Then again, not all of us show our writings to people (Because they tend to worry about such stuff coming out of such people). So we homeschoolers channel all these feelings into this medium. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, though it may seem like it. This is also a good way to release the emotions without doing potential harm. I guess you might worry some people... (parents for example) but that's about the worst you could do.

The reason I make this observation, is because the more I get into the writings of fellow homeschooled teens--at least their true writings--I find this theme of death anger and hell. It seems so contradictory, and has surprised me, but when you think about it, it makes sense.

2 comments:

Above the Influence said...

idk if it's true but i write dark poetry

Anonymous said...

interesting... that's true, I have quite a bit of "morbid" writings myself, and I know quite a lot of other homeschoolers who write that way.