To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Friday, May 25, 2007

Niagra Falls

Today I visited Niagra falls on the Canadian side. It was the first time I've ever been out of the United States. Heh. It was funny, cause everything over there is in metric. Like kilometers p/hr and such. People in other countries are so much smarter... anyways, Wile looking at the falls, I wrote some observations down in a notebook. It sounds kind of cool, so here's me standing over the falls writing.


The water here has a cool color. It's like real aqua. I can hear the thunder of the water going over the falls. Throughout the river are whitecaps of water rushing towards the brink. Seaguls are flying around too. A thick mist of water bellows forth from the bottom, thinning as it goes up and travels from the falls. I can also see big rocks at the bottom.

Now I'm on a bridge over a little stream thing maybe 100 ft. from the falls.

Now I'm standing ten ft. from the brink watching the water pour down into the river. The water looks like liquid glass that's clear. It also smells really salty; almost like the sea. Now, on the Canada side, I can faintly feel the mist.

No comments: