To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Thursday, February 1, 2007

An interesting question

Will we retain our memories, thoughts, and all that stuff when we die/go to heaven?
Can we have painful memories in heaven?


I would say that we retain our memories and thoughts and what not. If we didn't, we'd be a different person/soul/being. I mean, that's pretty much what makes 'you'.

What I think happens, is that when we go to heaven, we gain a new understanding of all the events that have previously happened to us. God is working for the greatest good, it's just that sometimes we're so stuck up with ourselves and so selfish that we can't see the big picture. When we die, we will be awed at how God intricately wove together the events of history into a perfect masterpiece, and how everything was always working for the greater good.

That's my take on things at any rate.

3 comments:

Ptáček said...

Why would we even think of former things? I mean, (like I said before) We'll be centered on "Him".
We won't be dwelling on earthly things.

Santeyio said...

lol

you're entitled to your own beliefs, and I can't change that, but do you see what I'm saying? I mean, you don't have to AGREE with it, but do you see what I'm saying?

Ptáček said...

lol, yes. I do.