To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Revelation

I have had a brilliant idea for a story. I have recently been building my knowledge of writing skills by reading multiple books on writing. And, I've come up with a really cool story idea. I've tried fantasy (like three years ago, and I actually got 50 pages down before the plot fell apart), I've tried one set in the modern age (that would be Malckem, and I actually still like that idea, he's just on the back burner), and now, I'm going to try sci-fi. Like outer space Sci-Fi, but there're no aliens. It is a much more realistic space age... or at least from my point of view.

7 comments:

Ptáček said...

twould' be cool.
but a story on space with no aliens, is just...hum. well, i guess from your point of view.

but it sounds cool anyhow.

Santeyio said...

Aliens have been overdone I think.

Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) said...

well of course they have but thats the fun part

Santeyio said...

not necessarily. Not if you have a good plot

Santeyio said...

oh... you're right. They are *fun* I think I read your reply that's what makes the story good. They are fun. Just... unrealistic.

Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) said...

Have you ever watched the movie Alien?I think it is so good.And beside what else is there in outer space to write about?besides you know the obvious.

Santeyio said...

wait... what is the obvious...?

I have seen Alien.