To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Writing

Well, I'm sort of cooling off now. I look back, and find that I've posted about every two days (which is very good, at least compared to 97% of people who own blogs who post every month or so). For the past few days, I have been reading a book by Stephen King. Now don't be horrified, and gasp, and think how evil I must be to read one of his horror stories. I suppose you shouldn't do that because... It's not fiction. It's a book about writing. But, I must say, it is an extremely well written book. There is no doubt about it, King is a great writer.

But besides that, he gives some incredibly helpful information. It's all straight-forward, practical, no-nonsense info, really great stuff. If you want to take a look... click here
If you are into writing, I strongly suggest you read it.

Lately, I seem to have had a resurgance in reading interest. I've always liked reading, and read like heck when I was younger (isn't it ironic that I can say that? It strikes me as funny how I can say, "yup, back when I was just a lad..." when I'm only 15) But for the past year or maybe a litte more, I really haven't read much. Especailly not fiction. But today, I went down to Barnes and Noble and got myself two new books. They are both on writing. After I finish this post, I'm going to read and sleep (maybe even write a tiny) for the rest of the day. I quite look forward to it.

Friday night, I watched 'A Beautiful Mind' which although a little disturbing, was an excellent movie (it did win 4 academy awards after all).

Well, sadly, I seem to be falling below my usual standards... I guess I'm just your average, light-headed, stupid, surly, rebellious, annoying teenager. Wait. No I'm not. What an idiot I am. I'm sorry, forget all that I just said; I'm a genius.
smiles in a satisfied manner
A perfectly angelic, kind, patient person. Oh dear, wait a minute... I'm not that either. Well, I guess I'm somewhere inbetween.

One thing that strikes me as kind of funny is that most teens and pre-teens can't see when they're being rebellious and surly and all the things I said before. I have the unusual gift of being able to look at things very objectively. That doesn't stop me from being all of the former... but I at least aknowledge it.

Well, I think I've gone on about nothing at all for quite long enough. Time for some sleep and reading!

P.S. and if you don't know already, I'm quite against the use of exclamation marks. I only put them in if absolutely necessary. They are much to overused in my *humble* opionion.
* smirks for no reason but that he feels like smirking *