To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Concerning appearances in general...

You may be wondering why I named my blog "Hostile Legacy". That is a good question, to which there is a very logical answer: It sounds cool. Why would you name your blog... "My Blog," "John Doe's blog," "Your stupid," or maybe from lack of creativity: "I don't know what to call my blog." I ask you, why would you name your blog that, when you could have an absolutely cool sounding name like "Hostile Legacy"?

I have come to the realization that to people, sound and look, flash and bang, is everything. They don't care about the histroy behind something. For example, if you are writing a book, and you painstakingly make each of the names meanings relative to the characters' personality, you create detailed scaled maps of every inch of the fantasy world, write entire volumes of the history behind the world, and you do this all so that you can write a good book, frankly, people don't care. If you just make up random historical refrences, cool sounding names, and make up the world as you go along, your audience will not know the difference. Put rather bluntly, they don't care. As long as it sounds cool, and it's entertaining, they don't care. Personally, I DO care. It makes it even better and more entertaining if I know thought has gone into somthing. But, then again, I'm not your 'average' person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always change the name of my blog (if you haven't noticed)I normally use song quotes though..you know origainal but sorta not out of the blue...You were just like "Hum..Hostile legacy sounds cool (slow retard voice) ...yea"...jk.

Tory