To fortune man is just a pawn,
And till from earth he's dead and gone,
A happy life he hasn't led
For Dest'ny cares not where we tread
In life, she is a terrible judge.
If you're at peace she'll give a nudge
Then soon you're wealth she'll confiscate
And leave you poor to speculate
Why fate has been so cruel

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Something Happy

According to a certain someone (who's name I will not disclose), I am too sad, dark, and depressing (there may be some truth in that... then again, there may not). So, I composed two 'happy' poems to appease her--oops, I mean, the aforementioned.

Smarties

Smarties are a joy to eat
For when you pop those suckers in
They start releasing joy so sweet
You suck them untill they begin
To dissapate; to get real thin,
And then you bite 'em just like meat
Those little pieces of sugar sweet.

Of Happy things

I sing of happy things, oh yes,
Like kitties! (wait, they're sometimes pests)
Or maybe sunsets musical!
(I'm sorry, I'm trying my best)
Or bloggers blogging happy things,
Robins, joyfull, building nest,
The busy beetle, the growing tree...
I could go on all through the day!
(Naw, that's a lie, only for pay)

9 comments:

Ptáček said...

lol, the smarty one made me laugh.
I don't think your to dark. Its true, the poem that is, I mean.

yup.

Santeyio said...

well, I wasn't refering to you.

Ptáček said...

sheesh...i don't care. I can still comment if I want to.

Santeyio said...

well... yeah...

um...

whatever

Anonymous said...

Dude that was pretty funny :).And yes I thought the main point of the "blog" was to tell people about the happenings of your life.But I guess I was wrong.Apparently it's to post everything you write just for the heck of it.jk.Oh Btw this is refering to the comment you left on mine about how most people are like "today I did this and then that".lol.Anyways...

Tory

Anonymous said...

I like the smartie one better. It so *cute*!

Santeyio said...

A blog is not primarily for telling people about your life... Actually. and yes, it IS for posting everything you write just for the heck of it. except, not for the heck of it, so other people can enjoy it.

Ptáček said...

I agree. but my firends...LIKE to hear about what i'm doing..most of the time that is. heh heh. and people are allowed to comment anytime they want to also. ptui.

Santeyio said...

See, it's fine if you tell about what you're doing, it's just you have to make it INTERESTING. Use some writing style or something. I mean... it's like:

uhhh... yeah... I did this, and then this, and that. And then, oh yeah... blah blah blah blah blah blah

It makes me sick. Make it INTERSTING. Like you're telling a story. It's fine if you write about what you're doing, just... make it entertaining.